After million years of evolution, we got a place to live as our HOME called as Planet Earth. Almost all the planets that we have explored and studied so far this is the only one where all the living beings can reside together and this is nothing but Nature’s love that she has shown you by making a wonderful planet filled with varied species of flora and fauna along with structures like mountains, deserts, oceans, plains that contributes towards a beautiful planet home called Earth.
Due to technological advancement and fast moving world we have changed our life styles to an extent that now we are ignoring the health of our planet and are facing natural disasters due to climate change due to global warming. International community is trying hard to stop the rising global temperatures. In a study, 2O rise in global temperature can lead to melting of glaciers, rising of sea level causing devastating condition in our Planet.
Is not it because of our irresponsible behaviour that we have left everything for others and creating a mess on our Planet? What we are waiting for? We have borrowed this planet from our future generation rather than using it as a dynasty.
Considering genuine care and responsibility of our planet Earth we took up our Project PUB - (Prithvi Ki Umar Badhao). For us this is an important cause to protect and preserve our environment and earth to achieve climate goals like INDCs, C0P-21(Paris Summit), and Sustainable Development Goals we have started making community of our city aware of their responsibility which were hitherto ignored.
“Prithvi Ki Umar Badhao” - PUB
PUB is an initiative to protect our environment and natural resources by making people aware and sensitive towards environment. As part of the initial stage of Parivartan’s existence, we started with our first activity on raising awareness on air pollution to Traffic Police constables on Oct 22, 2016. Since then, we have done series of activities, launched various campaigns and events under PUB to address the environmental issues.
Moradabad is a town located in between the flood plains of two rivers Ram Ganga and Gaagan where we have witnessed the deteriorating condition of rivers, dumping of sewage water in it, declining health of city’s atmosphere and improper waste management. These are the prime reasons why Moradabad is one of the most polluted cities of our country. The issue of electronic waste disposal, use of excessive polythene and dumping of waste in open collection centre and having no sewage treatment plants for the city is known to everyone but there is a lack of will to act for the same. But we at Parivartan wanted to change this attitude and start acting for the cause. In the last one year, we have launched/ conducted various events and activities which are indicated below:
To begin with, we were able to focus on issues and started doing awareness on various environment problems. So we have launched various events and activities which are as follows:
Give Up Plastic Campaign with WWF India
We have joined hands with WWF-India for the execution of Give Up Plastic Campaign in Moradabad. This campaign is to give up single use plastic and to reduce our Plastic Footprints, which will help us in managing our waste , reducing water footprints and at large conserving our planet earth.
From August to January, we will be working on this campaign to aware people, households & various school, college's student.
Considering Ganga and Ramganga are one of the most revered and important rivers in India, we strive for the conservation of river. For this we work on increasing awareness are engaged in adopting an action oriented approach for creating visible changes on ground.
• Save the Ganga for Awareness to devotees taking holy bath during October 2016.• Ganga Swachhta Sankalp Diwas on May 2, 2017 at Ramganga Chaupal, Moradabad.
• Pavitra Ganga Event for creating awareness to devotees through street play during November, 2017.
• 10 weeks Cleanup Ramganga Campaign for cleaning of Ramganga River Bank near Moksh dham Ramganga Vihar.
• 1 week long signature campaign to Support Cleanup Ramganga Campaign resulting in generating 11,000 signatures
• 700 kms Cycle Yatra from Moradabad to Varanasi for River Water Conservation and Cleanliness.
One of the dream tasks of our nation is to make people aware about the basic need and approaches to maintain cleanliness. When on October 2 we celebrate Gandhi Jayanti by giving tribute through Swachh Bharat Mission, we opted the campaign to aware people to manage waste and strive for cleanliness. Some of the key initiatives include -
• Go Clean - Use Dustbin to donate recycled dustbins to food vendors on February 2017.
• 3 days Cleanliness drive of 11kms from September 30 to October 2, 2017.
• 3 days Toko Campaign on cleanliness on October 11 to 13, 2017
Conserving Rivers Ganga and Ramganga
Clean up drives on Holy Bath to Save The Ganga
Toko Campaign for Cleanliness in Diwali fest(10th Oct- 12th Oct 2107)
3 Days Cleanliness Drive(30th Sep-2nd Oct 2017) !
Go Clean Use Dustbin !
Composting and Waste Management
Waste management is going to be a challenging issue in coming future. In order to make people aware about the problem of waste and the need for cleanliness we launched two important campaigns.
• Educational programme for Composting, Waste Management and cleanliness seminar in Schools.
• Residential programme for Composting, Waste Management and Cleanliness to increase awareness of residents of colonies and apartments.
Environmental Awareness and Conservation of Trees and Natural Resources
Conserving our natural resources for sustainable development is the need of hour. To realize this mission we are working on -
• Awareness on air pollution to traffic constables managing traffic on roads.
• Saplings distribution to school kids on Earth Day 2017.
• March for Earth to make people aware and sensitize them about the environment and earth at large.
• Cycle rally for health issue and eco-friendly transport on April 7, 2017.
• Give Up Plastic Campaign on Earth Hour with WWF India March 25, 2018.
• Bird Watching and Quiz on Earth Day - April 22, 2018.
• 3kms Mini Marathon “Run for Earth” on Environment Day – June 5, 18.
Cycle Rally to protect environment on World Health Day !
Awareness Stall on Earth Day !
Air Pollution Awareness to Traffic Police
This can be better understood through tracing the work that we have done on ground regarding various environmental concerns. Taking various communities, schools, organizations, areas into consideration we have tried to aware people about environmental concerns and ways how to deal with it. From behavioural change of people to administration we reached every nook and corner of city to aware people about such issues.
• Namami Gange featured our work in the field of Ganga, Ram Ganga cleanliness and rejuvenation.
• Our 700 kms Cycle Yatra across 8 districts of Uttar Pradesh impacted more than 20,000 people and created awareness for lakhs of people from Moradabad to Varanasi.
• Shri Keshav Prasad Maurya Dy. Chief Minister, Government of Uttar Pradesh praised our commitment of 700 kms Cycle Yatra when we met him in his residence during cycle yatra in Lucknow.
• On waste management, students and our volunteers have agreed to start composting and work on waste management and segregation.
• Food Vendors have started putting and using dustbins with the initiation of TOKO campaign on Cleanliness.
• We are successfully committed to our cause of 11,000 signatures and pledge to the people of Moradabad on river water conservation and Ganga cleanliness.
• Created a pool of Eco Warriors who are ready to bring the change anywhere if it’s about Environment.
• We adopt an all-round approach to work along with various organisations, departments and administration on the issue of Environment Conservation i.e. Railways, Nagar Nigam, NGOs and Communities etc.
In, issues where emphasis is more on awareness rather than numbers, the counting can’t be measured in exact terms but one can have an idea of level of work with the help of unique and creative activities to cover an issue or environment problems. Total approximate outreach across various events and activities stand at 2 lac people.
Work on Rivers Ganga & Ramganga:
Total Outreach: More than 1.25 Lac people across the districts – Moradabad, Rampur, Bareilly, Shahjahanpur, Sitapur, Lucknow, Raebareilly, Allahabad, Varanasi.
Work on Composting and Waste Management:
Total Outreach: More than 6,000 people
Work on Cleanliness:
Total Outreach: More than 50,000 people
Work on Environmental Awareness and Conservation of Trees and Natural Resources:
Total Outreach: More than 20,000 People