The practice of Sati, Purdaah and Johar has been ended however, but people of our country have always been under the slavery of this typical patriarchal mindset. As a result of which our women is still being deprived of their moral and basic human rights. As a result half of our country’s population is enjoying the authority on other half, because of this patriarchy. Neglecting the requirement, wishes, freedom, aspirations and dreams of millions of women how can the nation progress?
As aptly written by Dr. B.R Ambedkar - “Progress of the society can be measured by the condition of women in the society”. So to make our society equal and just, we at Parivartan are creating awareness on various women issues to make people aware that women is not just a material, she has the freedom, liberty to choose whatever she wants, take decisions of her well being and there is no one in this nation who can make her deprived of her rights. Gender is just a biological identification and so it can’t be taken as a tool of inequality, harassment and degradation.
Women Empowerment and Security
Under the theme of empowering women we have launched various events and activities to make people aware of the depriving condition of women and to empower women of our society. With our campaign we have done awareness not only in schools, colleges but also to the ordinary girl and home maker women of the society.
Under this theme we reach out to masses to create awareness. Parivartan has worked not only with other voluntary organizations but also with various wings of administration and government. The activities that are being done in the campaigns are:-
- Street Play on women empowerment and security – on December 4, 2016 at 6 different places in Moradabad.
- Girls’ safety & self-defense – on January 6, 2017 to coaching institutes students.
- “Meri Rat Meri Sadak” for Women Empowerment on August 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM at Pilikothi Moradabad.
- Naari Suraksha Saptah an initiative of U.P Police on December 7, 2017 to make college girls and commuters aware of various security provisions available to them in Law. The focus was to aware women about dial 100, 1090 helpline and encourage them to be a Women Power Angel.
- Seminar on Women and Child safety organized by Commercial Department of Northern Railway Moradabad Division on July 30, 2018 at Railway Station Moradabad.
- Seminar on Railway Helpline 182 for Women and Child safety organized by Railway Protection Force of Northern Railway Moradabad Division on August 14, 2018 at Railway Station Moradabad with Divisional Commissioner Mr. S.K Ravivanshi.
- Let's Talk with Panthinis i.e. the women who can lead under our Project Panthini the event was organised on 9th Dec 2018. The motive and theme of this open mic session is women empowerment, as we believe before actually doing, one has to be aware of her thoughts, rights & duties.
- An awareness seminar on women Empowerment and security to the students of NSS on 7th Jnauary 2018 in KGK, Degree college Moradabad under Project Panthini.